PARENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO JOIN AT ANY TIME IN THE GROUP CYCLE.
- UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTING THE DIAGNOSIS/CONDITION: Accurate information and treatment planning, coping with life changes.
- NUCLEAR FAMILY DYNAMICS: Family Dynamics are as individual as a fingerprint. New challenges can shift the structure, creating stress. Focus on balancing the new structure.
- THE MARITAL RELATIONSHIP: Explores parental and marital roles, communication challenges, time issues and shifting priorities common to couples.
- SIBLING ISSUES: Siblings face unique challenges and birth order impacts this. Jealousy, guilt, resentment and loyalty are common emotions.
- DISCIPLINE: We as parents face special challenges around discipline issues. We will discuss common pitfalls with ways to increase confidence.
- DEALING WITH THE COMMUNITY: Expectation of others are not always realistic. Strategies for everyday life situations will be explored.
- EXTENDED FAMILY ISSUES: Grandparents, aunts and uncles, close family friends and other significant relationships are part of everyday life.
- FINANCIAL CONCERNS AND LIFE PLANNING: Do you feel confident in the area of finances? Do you have a long-term financial plan in place? We will have experts in this area, address individual concerns in this segment.
- SELF CARE: Do we take ourselves into consideration? Avoiding burn out, emotional fatigue, and replenishing ourselves appropriately.